A US-Asia Business and General Management veteran, Mr. Frank Tzeng has over thirty years of successful consulting and corporate experiences. He has served as a C-level executive for several multi-million dollar revenue companies in the Consumer Product Industry and operated offices and factories across the US, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan.
For the past twelve years, Frank served as Chief of Staff and General Manager at Jada Group, Inc and has helped the company grow from a single category toy company to a $100M multi-category product leader with products sold over prominent shelf spaces at Walmart, Target, Costco, Walgreen, Amazon, Kohl’s Toys-R-Us and other US domestic as well as international distributors. He created and supervised offices in Los Angeles, Bentonville, Minneapolis, Mexico City, Hong Kong and China. As the third highest ranking officer in the Jada Group, Frank personally took charge of all areas of People, Product, Process, Legal and daily operations.
Prior to Jada Group, Frank served as the Special Assistant to President at Intex, a $600M vertically integrated international plastic and glass manufacturer with over 10,000 employees and multiple factories in China. Frank spent 70% of his time stationed in China factories and HK headquarters and 30% in the US office to hands-on administrate its global operations and to expedite the implementation of the company’s first global Business Intelligent System.
The key areas of Frank’s achievements are:
- Synergized company infrastructure and built leaderships from Officers, SVPs, VPs, Directors to Managers.
- Standardized cross-company managerial reports and key performance scorecards.
- Improved analytical and timing methods to optimize the cross ocean supply-and-demand Master Plan.
- Setup company policies for corporation and business operations.
- Instituted new auditing systems to control factory costs and reduced the speed-to-market time.
- Led product development and marketing teams to produce products, packaging, presentations, TV commercials, PR campaigns, websites promotions, tradeshows, and cross promotion events.
- Approved all licensing contracts, business agreements and setup Trademark, Patent, Copyright and company police, operation guideline and other legal protections.
- Undertaken the due diligent process with competitor acquisitions.
- Negotiated an intellectual property sold to a Japan media company.
- Tackled US and China litigations, ceased a CPSC national product recall, settled million dollars arbitration with China factory, stopped legal harassment from major competitor at 9th Circuit Court, and collected overdue from out of State distributors.
Frank worked in Electrical, Computer and Consumer Electronic industries in the first half of his career. He opened and operated an East Coast branch office for EIZO Nanao Technologies Inc., a Japanese high-end computer monitor and video equipment manufacturer. He also led and downsized Proton Corporation, a Taiwanese-based prestigious TV, audio, video and computer monitor manufacturer during the era of Dot-Com Bubble Burst.
Frank holds a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering degree from New Jersey Institute of Technology and AS Electrical Engineering degree from National Taipei Institute of Technology. He served as a 2nd Lieutenant Intelligence Officer in the Department of Defense in Taiwan, was a Board Advisor for Innovation Leadership for the Technical Professional Program at UC Berkeley Extension, and was the Speaker and Mentor at the American Marketing Association at the UC Irvine and CSU Long Beach Chapters. He immigrated to US in 1985 and currently resides with his wife and 3 children in Irvine, California.